Alabama Football Begins Final Week of Spring Practice
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama football team practiced in full pads for two hours Tuesday afternoon outdoors at the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields.
It was the Crimson Tide’s 13th practice of spring drills with one more workout scheduled for Thursday. Alabama spent Tuesday’s practice focusing on fixing mistakes from this past Saturday’s second spring scrimmage and fine tuning things before A-Day.
Alabama’s 2017 Golden Flake A-Day Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 22, at 2 p.m. CT at Bryant-Denny Stadium. The A-Day Game will be televised live on ESPN for the second year in a row and is free to the public. Joe Tessitore, Joey Galloway and Kirk Herbstreit will call the game from the sidelines with Laura Rutledge providing additional insight.
In the interest of enhancing existing security measures at games, a clear bag policy will be in effect.
Fans are encouraged not to bring any types of bags inside SEC stadiums during football games; however, the following outlines bags that are permitted:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12";
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
• Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5" (approximately the size of a hand).
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
• An approved logo no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" may be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
• Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium in a permissible clear bag, such as binoculars and cameras.