Who's hiring? Top employers in Mobile county
MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) —
During an announcement Friday morning, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey announced that the state wide unemployment rate has dropped to 4.9%. Locally, Mobile County’s rate has dropped to 5% and in Baldwin County, unemployment is a low 3.6%.
Mobile/Baldwin’s Top Employers in 2016
- 1) Mobile County Public School Systems 7,500 employees
- 2) University of South Alabama and USA Medical 6,000 employees
- 3) Infirmary Health Systems 5,000 employees
- 4) Austal USA 4,000 employees
- 5) Baldwin Co. Board of Education 3,290 employees
But, all of the news isn’t good news. Washington County has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state at 6.6%. And of all of the major cities, Prichard has one of the highest rates at 7.4%.